Friday, November 8, 2013

She trusted me

I think one of the hardest parts about being a parent to a teenager, is hoping your child will trust you, and come to you at any time they may be in trouble. One hopes that this time of trouble will never happen, but prays that if that time does come, their relationship is strong enough that the child will feel safe enough to ask for help from you.
A year ago tonight, I was able to know that Brittany and I had that strength of relationship. Because of what happened I was able to not only hope Brittany loved and trusted me, I knew it. I was able to see from her that she would come to me in a difficult situation. She would trust me to help her and love her through it. For her, I was able to show her that she would always come first. That I would fight for her, no matter what, and to any extreme. That my love for her would always take priority over anything that this world would throw at us.
At the time I was so upset, so mad, and so hurt for my girl. But now, I'm just grateful for that chance to know that we had that relationship that you always pray you can have with your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment