Monday, December 30, 2013

*Written on Facebook November 18*


Balloons take on a whole new meaning for me since Brittany's graveside. We sent some up that chilly afternoon, and since then, it has always been something that helps me feel close to her. I love to write messages to her and watch it float up to the heavens, until I can no longer see it. I would like to think that somehow, Brittany is able to see it, and read it. It may sound silly, I know that's not how it works, but it makes me feel better, so I do it. And now, I'd like each of you to join me!
Next week would have been Brittany's 15th birthday. In honor of her, we will be having a balloon release this Saturday at the Main Street Park at 3:00. For those who are here locally, I would love to see each of you, if you would like to come. For those of you who don't live here, or are unable to make it, we would love for you to join us too! Just release your own balloon at anytime that works for you. You don't have to be a friend of Brittany's, or even a personal friend of mine. If the life she left behind has touched you at all, I would love to have you be a part of this event for her. I would love pictures of you releasing them!!! You can post them here or send them to me personally. I would love to see how far spread the love can go 

No comments:

Post a Comment