Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pray Always

For those who follow me on Facebook, these next few posts will be a repeat. I have already posted several pictures with stories, but I would like to have them all in one place, so I'm going to copy them onto here.
Dec. 9, 2012
John and I had been going through may of Brittany's notebooks. She had so many! She had journals, notes, doodles, and poems. Most of them were unfinished, and many were the same. But this one jumped out at me. It was unlike any of the others I had come across. It made me cry, noticing the message she had put so simply and yet so profoundly. The following Sunday was Stake Conference. President Rollins and Elder Larry V. Johnson of the Quorum of the 70 came to visit us. They asked us to tell them a little about Brittany. We told of her love of reading, her talent with writing and drawing. I pointed out her drawing I had found the night before, that I had placed on our piano. Elder Johnson commented that he felt she had drawn her momma. I can never look at this drawing quite the same now. It's almost like she knew how many tears I have spilt over her, before and after her passing. 

2 comments:

  1. That's a good reminder from Brittany to always remember to pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented, beautiful, and sweet girl Brittany was and is. Love you, Janelle, and always praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete